Are you aware of different kinds of perfumes available in market? Do you know that they come in varied versions such as alcoholic and non-alcoholic perfumes? Do you know slathering or spraying which kind of perfume is good for your skin? As an urban woman, you need to be updated about what’s going right into your skin in the form of fragrance.
While most of the females are caught unaware of the difference between alcoholic and non-alcoholic perfumes, we bring you the key points which will help you in differentiating between the two:
1. Alcohol-free perfumes are long-lasting: The alcohol-free perfumes do not have a fast rate of evaporation and hence they last longer. They also go on much more subtly. You will be surprised to know that some of these non-alcohol based perfumes last for as long as up to 12 to 24 hours.
2. Non-alcoholic perfumes come with small packs: If you really want to figure out the difference between alcoholic and non-alcoholic perfumes, you should first check out the bottling and pricing of the perfumes. While non-alcohol based perfumes are packed in small bottles (as it stores pure perfume oils), the alcohol-based perfumes come in different sizes and designs. As the latter’s bottle designs are quite attractive, it costs more. Hence, try buying pure perfume, as it is cost effective. Also, its aroma lasts longer.
3. Try knowing about the oil concentration: Any perfume’s main ingredient is its oil concentration. The more the oil concentration, the better its perfume quality. The highly concentrated perfumes come with high quality fragrances and have 15% to 30% of perfumes oil. However, water and alcohol form the balance of the mixture.
In general, alcohol is mixed with the oil to make the perfume smell stronger.
4. See if your perfume is refreshing: While non-alcoholic perfumes come with soothing fragrance, have long lasting, eco-friendly and refreshing features, the alcoholic perfumes have lesser fragrance and are not eco-friendly.
5. Alcoholic performs are not skin-friendly: Alcohol can cause drying and irritation to the skin, and can cause reactions to sensitive skin. However, alcohol-free perfumes smell clean and simple. Also, they don't come with overpowering or complex aroma like some commercial scents.
6. Alcohol-free perfumes are always beneficial: Alcohol-free perfumes are beneficial over the alcoholic perfumes; Whilst they are more pleasing to our senses, they are also long lasting than alcoholic perfumes. When buying alcohol-free perfumes, you know exactly what the ingredients are before buying.
7. And the point to remember: Are you aware that alcohol and perfume oils never mix. Initially, scent you are trying to capture will be diminished by alcohol, thereby leading to evaporation of fragrance. Also, alcohol is drying and irritating to the skin. These alcohol-free perfumes smell clean and simple, and they do not overpower or clutter like a few commercial scents.
Now, when you know the basic differences between alcoholic and non-alcoholic perfumes, make a smart move and go for the one that suits your skin!